Thursday, December 13, 2007

So, look at this. I am managing to write a second time within seven days... I'm on a roll!!!

I look around at all the people living in the little town that I live in.  These people sadden me immensely.  The majority of them have no light shining from them.  They are so wrapped in their pursuit of the next dollar or keeping up with the rest of the socialites or making sure that they exceed the expectations of their class.  See I live in a moneyed area of the country and they all wander around with no idea that building up these false walls will gain them nothing in the end.  I am told that my ideals and goals are foolish and immature.  I need to take my focus off of others and focus only on me.  Make sure I'm looking out for myself first and trust no one.  

How can all these people live like that?  What warmth does a pile of money give off?  Where is the loyalty and trust and love between people that will throw each other to the wolves at the first sign of wavering?

I am so thankful that God blessed me with the surrounding that He did, but, it gets lonely in the wilderness as well.  Daily I need to lean on the Lord for my support and strength.

No comments: