Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm back...

It was actually quite the disappointing week!  I spent my entire time away from home as sick as a dog!  I actually missed some of the events at the conference I went to for work because of how miserable I felt.  Then, once I made it home, we received a phone call from the ski area that we were going to inform us that the mountain would be closed for the majority of our trip!  Well, that was cancelled and my wife and I and my in-laws ended up going to their beach house a little further north in Connecticut.  It ended up being exactly what I needed to recuperate, I spent some major down time with chicken noodle soup and a good book.  

The main thing that I was hoping for over this week never even materialized.  I didn't have the chance to speak even once on anything about Christianity.  I guess it wasn't the right time for me or for any of my companions over the past week.  The good thing about being sick was being able to have some really break-through quiet times.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Welcome Home Sean! So sorry you were sick!

I think maybe you're right about the timing. It has to be right...as you know.

It will present itself in His perfect time and you'll know it undeniably.

Hope you're feeling better!

Sean Sims said...

Hi Tam,

Thanks for the welcome home, and I am finally feeling much better! Now I just need to go outside before work and snow blow my driveway! grumble, grumble, grumble! I will catch up on everyone's posts as soon as I get the chance!