Saturday, January 5, 2008

In preperation for being away for an entire week...

I am sitting here at my desk, working on a Saturday. Actually, as you can tell, I am not actually working, but, I have been working when I really wish that I was home packing. I am going to be gone next week. I am leaving tomorrow at noon to head down to Ephrata, Pennsylvania for a Kitchen Cabinet conference. I will be down there until 3:30 on Tuesday, then I drive back home. I am really looking forward to this trip, I will be driving down with one of my co-workers, a co-worker who has had a lot of questions about Spiritual things recently. I really hope that God would see fit to give me the chance to introduce this kid to Jesus. Or at least to help him along a little further towards him. I don't know, I just want to be available.
Then, on Wed. I will be going up to Canada with my wife and in-laws for a long weekend of skiing. I am looking forward to that as well, because of the temperate winter we had in the Northeast last year, I only got to ski once last year. As far as the Spiritual side of things I wouldn't mind a break-through on this front as well. My wife, still tired of my 'religious stuff'. My father-in-law, thinks that my views, because they are counter to his competitive business side, are the most niave ideas he has ever heard. And my mother-in-law? She was raised catholic and because of different edicts sent out by the Vatican, is vehemently against anything that has to do with organized religion. Tough crowd!
So, here I am with fear in my heart before we even start out. Who do I represent? Some timid false idealogy that is not worth anyone's time? No, I am a follower of the One, True God. The Creator of everything! If He is for me, who can stand against me? God is at work all the time, whether I be worshiping with a crowd of believers or alone in the car with some sceptics. Come on, Seanie boy! Buck up! Pray and more praying!

4 comments:

Tam said...

Friend, stand firm on His word. Don't give the enemy a foothold. It may be 3 against 1 on your trip - but you have THE ONE on your side. He loves them more than you could ever love them. He will infuse you with His words and softness as He sees fit. Just go and "be"...

Tam said...

Hope your trip is going well!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what you mean... I think what you are talking about with the Vatican is that the Protestant religion's are not considered part of the ecclessial community anymore, right? Could be wrong, but I know how that is nonetheless.

Religion is so ridiculous to me. I feel like it's just another reason for people to get caught up in themselves and not God. The know so much about their religion, their church doctrines, and yadda yadda, yet their relationship with God is hanging by a thread.

Not that all "relgious" people are like that. Sometimes I think people just like tradition. Which, fine, but if it's distracting them from the SOURCE then out it goes with the right eye!

Sorry, enough venting. Anyway, I hope that your family comes to know the beauty of Christ. I really feel for those that think Christians (true Christians) are nuts. One day they are going to get to the other side and realize how stupid THEY were for not taking the gift God gave us through His son Jesus Christ. What a gift.

Grabbing a hold of this truth makes me wonder why people can hear it, but not accept it. I mean, it's the best decision I ever made in my life. But then again, I think His timing has everything set up. I pray that your family will one day see His beauty.

Preferably before that baby pops out. How are you going to be handling that??

Sean Sims said...

Hi Ashley,
The alienation that I mentioned was by my Mother-In-Law towards the Catholic Church and therefore towards Christianity as a whole. She turned proclamations by the Vatican, like statements concerning birth control and abortion, into a distaste for any organized religion. Therefore, she is under the impression that true Christian faith and Religion are the same thing and wants nothing to do with it.

Thank you for your well wishes for my family, please pray for them, along with myself and a lot of others.

As far as the imminent arrival of my son, well that is an interesting situation all the way around. I will probably be blogging my feelings and thoughts on that very soon.